Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I am back in the (blogging) saddle again!

After a few month hiatus I am back to regularly blogging. 

I am currently in Florida (Palm Beach) on my vacation/wedding/honeymoon trip.  Mike and I brought down our bikes and packed our car filled with wedding stuffs, training stuffs, and vacation stuffs. 

We have been here for three days already, and already I have been able to swim some, run long (8 miles!) and get in a strength ride on the A1A (25 MPH!)

The 8 mile run yesterday was so nice.  It felt great and easy and even with the heat and humidity at 7 am I managed a 10:41 minute per mile pace.  Some things that I did right were to eat before hand (3 egg whites) and to bring along ice cold water.  I went through 2 bottles on the run (standard store bought water bottles).

My shoes are about done though, so today I am heading into Wellington to buy some new Newtons.

We went for a ride on the A1A last night and I did half of my workout because the rain and lightening came faster than we could ride.  It was a great 40 minute workout though, kept 19mph on the warm up and recoveries, and 25-26mph on the straight aways when I was going my biggest gear for my 7 minute intervals.  That felt great! 

I am really embracing my cycling strength.  The next few months I need to focus on my nutrition in my long endeavors.  I need to find my nutrition plan and then stick to it. 

Today is a 2.5 hour ride weather permitting, and then a swim, weather permitting.  Oh top news around here?  A hurricane is heading its way straight for West Palm Beach with an expected Sunday land fall.  Our wedding is on Saturday... and we may be spending our honeymoon in a Hurricane. 




No comments:

Post a Comment