Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Evolution.

The evolution of  Runnergirl.


2004 CRIM Finish
2002 - Lost 60 lbs and quit my unhealthy addictions. 
2003 - I started running and never looked back.  5k, 10k, hallf marathons were my thing.  Attempted and DNF my first marathon.
2004 attempted and finished my second marathon.  Swore them off for good. marathons are the devil.  My body will never be capable of taking me more than 13.1 miles.  EVER.
2005 - 2008 ran happy but never felt satisfied.  Decided to go for a triathlon to keep my mind occupied.
2008 First Triathlon Finish
2008 - attempted and finished my first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth triathlons.  Three of which were in a 7 day time-frame.  Hooked. Never ever want to do anything longer than a sprint! EVER! 
2009  - Attempted my first half Ironman (the sprint happy zone was very short lived), but bailed on it at the last moment and decided to do the long-course aquabike.  Finished 2nd in my AG.  But I can never do an Ironman, so the half Iron distance will be my thing, because I am not capable of dedicating myself to the training required for such a feat.  I am doing my very last first. 
2010 - Attempted and finished my second half Ironman.  Loved it. 
2001 Detroit Marathon Finish
2011 - Attempted and finished my third marathon (1:17:00 minute PR), set PRs in every distance from 5k to half marathon in between. Placed in nearly every triathlon I participated in.  Rocked the world while finishing up my MBA.

From the girl who was an obese smoker to the girl packing up to volunteer and sign up at Ironman Florida... the journey has been a long and confusing one, often discounting myself before I have had a chance to prove myself.

No more.  I will never say never again.  I will never stop myself before I even lace up.  I will stop telling myself that I am not worth it, that I am not deserving of it, or that I am not capable of doing this.

I AM.

And, in one year I WILL.

The journey is not yet complete as there is no final destination.  Right now, I am on my way to a 140.6 mile victory lap.  One day out of thousands in my life.  But one day that has taken me the longest to arrive at.

I am ready.  I have evolved.

1 comment:

  1. Wahooo! I'm sooo excited for our journey! Florida here we come!

    ReplyDelete